Author Topic: Premier League - Rooney deal 'worth £65 million'  (Read 2021 times)

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
  • ITS NOT HOW YOU DRIVE, ITS HOW YOU ARRIVE!!!
    • KakiGolf
  • Club: Kelab KakiGolf
  • Handicap: 17
Premier League - Rooney deal 'worth £65 million'
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »
Taken from PA Sport / Eurosport

Sat, 23 Oct

Wayne Rooney's new contract at Manchester United has made him the highest-paid footballer in the world, according to newspaper reports.

The Sun and the Daily Mirror both report that the striker's new deal is worth £250,000 a week including bonuses and image rights - equivalent to £65 million over five years.

Rooney, who turns 25 on Sunday, now earns over £30,000 a week more than former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, the next best-paid player in the world, .

And though fans pilloried Rooney when they thought he was leaving Old Trafford, it seems that the affair has brought an unexpected windfall for United boss Alex Ferguson.

The Daily Star reports that the crucial factor clinching the deal was not Rooney's wages, but a promise elicited from the Glazer family to make £60m available to Ferguson to spend in the transfer market between now and the start of next season.

Rooney has no doubts he will soon be back to his best.

The Manchester United striker ended an intense week of speculation about his future on Friday when it was confirmed he had agreed a new five-year contract with the Old Trafford outfit.

But he will not be able to assist United on the pitch for a little bit as he spends the next three weeks recovering from an ankle injury, which was the cause of so much angst in the first place.

"I certainly can't wait to pull on the red shirt again," Rooney told MUTV. "I am gutted to be injured. I just want to be out there playing, get back to form and doing what I do best. And I will be back to my best. I have no worries about that."

Rooney is aware of the upset his outspoken comments, questioning his team-mates' talent, have caused.

He has already been assured of Ferguson's support and Rio Ferdinand has given dressing room approval.

In all probability, United's supporters will be bellowing from the rafters too.

But if there are any remaining dissenters, they will be won over in the only way the Merseysider knows how.

"I am sure the fans have been upset over the past few days with everything they have heard in the media," he said.

"But I care for this club. I want to be here and I want to continue being successful at this club.

"It might take time with some fans. But I am going to be giving 100%, the same as always, to try and build that relationship back."

***************************************************************************************

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
  • ITS NOT HOW YOU DRIVE, ITS HOW YOU ARRIVE!!!
    • KakiGolf
  • Club: Kelab KakiGolf
  • Handicap: 17
Re: Premier League - Rooney deal 'worth £65 million'
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »
PLEASE VOTE!!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!!
 8) 8) 8)

Offline TeeOff

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: N/A
  • Handicap: 24
Re: Premier League - Rooney deal 'worth £65 million'
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
PLEASE VOTE!!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!! PLEASE VOTE!!!!
 8) 8) 8)

camne nak vote ni? buta forum lor...