Author Topic: Are Mizuno the best?  (Read 5596 times)

Offline andy

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Kelab Sana Sini
  • Handicap: 18
Are Mizuno the best?
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »
hi guys!!

i'm planning to put together a new set of clubs for myself. but i have a few conditions to meet before I get to spend the money ...

BUT what I really want to know is, for those of you who've played them, are Mizuno's really the best? ... nway! i still don't get out there and practice that much...and I have to score a little better....

Offline samsul

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • ...golfaholics sdn bhd....
  • Club: Impian
Re: Are Mizuno the best?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »
Andrew,

What I think you need to do is to go see the Pro at your club, or the driving range you frequent. He should be able to get you into some really good clubs as well as ones that fit you. 

All golfers should get fitted for their clubs.  After all clubs should fit us like shoes. One just doesn't see a nice pair and then buy them.   They must fit.  When you're making an investment, wouldn't it be nice to know that your clubs are the correct clubs for you.  I've seen too many people with the wrong type of clubs from them. 

The Cobra S9 Irons are very good.  They were the Golf Digest Editors Choice for 2007. 

Hope this helps.

Offline andy

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 03:32:57 PM »
Actually, I have spoken to him...quite some time back. He got me the set I have now. I appreciate the attention but I think I want to try some other clubs. I would like some opinions from other people. The Pro can't be my only source. I'd also like to hear from others. What do you all play?

Offline moya

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 04:35:08 PM »
hey hi bro...
if its a miz u know.... who (who wud need advise)
...not me
is it gud irons tat makes gud players or
gud players tat makes the irons looks gud
,,,and it makes me wunder
well i guess it works either way...
,,,as long as u get yur fun da metals rite...
''its not how U DRIVE,,,how U ARRIVE''
well cud b a jap,, brit or a yank brand....msian too (ada ker)
is it for a double triple....birdie or par
n yeah drive for Show putt for Dough
n none of us can beat mr.Vjay Sngh
aftr all the practise....wat rank is he
long live John daly,....enuff said...

me still there still recvin strokes...!#%^&** :-[

Offline idzil

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • I"M YOUR TRIPLE BOOGIE MAN!!!
  • Handicap: 12
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 03:09:16 AM »
Bro! As many as there different brand of clubs, there are also as many opinions about which clubs are the best. 

Having said that, IMHO the question you should be asking yourself is ... "What do i need in a set of clubs".  Do I need a club that is more forgiving on off-center hits, or clubs that help me get the ball higher in the air, or ones that help me close the face better at impact?

You, and whoever that is teaching you or giving you guidance in your swing, need to figure out what you want out of your clubs. Then you start looking at the brands that make clubs to fit the purpose that would be in your price range.  Ping, Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, Cleveland, etc....all make good clubs.  It's finding what looks good and feels right to you.  There are also good clubs that run a little cheaper than the ones mentioned, like Tour Edge, for example. 

Once you figure out which brands you want to look at, then go somewhere where you can actually hit, say a seven iron of each brand.  You will notice differences in feel, looks, and how each club reacts to YOUR swing.  From there you will be able to decide which brand is for you.

My 2 sen!  Hope you'll find the club you're looking for.

Offline andy

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:50 PM »
wah!!! though i appreciate the replies u guys gave, but tambah fening! fening! ... so shud i or shudn't i .. go 4 the mizuno???  ::) ???

Offline samsul

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • ...golfaholics sdn bhd....
  • Club: Impian
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:09:47 PM »
wah!!! though i appreciate the replies u guys gave, but tambah fening! fening! ... so shud i or shudn't i .. go 4 the mizuno???  ::) ???

haiyaa!!! juz buy them lah!!! if u dont like them, then juz donate them 2 me lah!! or if not, sell cheap, cheap 2 me oso can mah!!!  ;D ;D

but seriously bro!!! I think what the others are trying to suggest is that - just look for a set that suits your needs... & I tend to agree its the golfer that makes the club not the other way round ... anyway!!! like they say ... too much analysis leads to paralysis!!! ...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:13:05 PM by sonicjazz »

Offline hc24

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »

tough bet...

it is the golfer AND not the IRONS! believe me, i have seen golfers with many brands of irons sets and they cant hit good and there are golfers, whatever you give them, they hit perfectly!
just buy something you like (within your budget ofcourse) and keep hitting with it with the help of readings/video/tutorials and i am sure one day you will turn into good hitter! i always wonder why people choose to spend a lot of $ for a set when they can get a very good bargain on excellent used set...branded some more.
up to you.  hopefully you are not jumping into the bandwagon of golfers who keep changing irons/woods/drivers but never get to hit the ball well. You need to be able to adapt to the equipment and not the other way round!

Offline andy

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 02:03:32 PM »

tough bet...

it is the golfer AND not the IRONS! believe me, i have seen golfers with many brands of irons sets and they cant hit good and there are golfers, whatever you give them, they hit perfectly!
just buy something you like (within your budget ofcourse) and keep hitting with it with the help of readings/video/tutorials and i am sure one day you will turn into good hitter! i always wonder why people choose to spend a lot of $ for a set when they can get a very good bargain on excellent used set...branded some more.
up to you.  hopefully you are not jumping into the bandwagon of golfers who keep changing irons/woods/drivers but never get to hit the ball well. You need to be able to adapt to the equipment and not the other way round!

Well said bro!!! actually i'm still having my old set & haven't switched to another band ... guess my priority now wud be to improve on my swings (but then again this is also a never ending quest .. hehehe!!!) rather than changing sets ...

Thanks again!!!

Offline pacai

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »
yup this is a never endig quest... u'd never know wats good for you until u have tried em... well, here's my 2 cent... wat level r u now.. if u r looking for a nice forgiving club, i'd say go for a ping eye 2... but then it depends on your swing style. anyhow, if money isnt the problem, clubs can be custom made. i guess we need to see how u swing your club before we could say wat to get. height and weight also. age also. everything bout u i guess.. hahahahaha

Offline andy

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »
yup this is a never endig quest... u'd never know wats good for you until u have tried em... well, here's my 2 cent... wat level r u now.. if u r looking for a nice forgiving club, i'd say go for a ping eye 2... but then it depends on your swing style. anyhow, if money isnt the problem, clubs can be custom made. i guess we need to see how u swing your club before we could say wat to get. height and weight also. age also. everything bout u i guess.. hahahahaha

...hehehe!!!! - so true!!  ;)

Offline notigolfer

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: kgsaas, sgcr
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
hello Andrew

Mizuno irons are sweet, accurate and wellmade....i hv gone thru 5 iron sets over the years and nothing comes close to the feel you get from Mizunos....the only setback is that its not so forgiving..therefore, if you dont hv yr swing on the day, be prepared to fork out money to yr golf buddies...hehe

but there are game-improvement type irons from Mizuno. if you go to Golf House, they hv a chart of current models and description of what the sets are designed to cater for which type of golfer, based on handicaps.

my previous set was a Mizuno MP33, which is blade set with Dynamic Gold R400 shafts....sweet but heavy. now that my golf game is not as good as before, i switched to a more forgiving set in TaylorMade R7 forged, a forged cavity back....

over time, you'll hv to adapt to changes to yr game...when first starting, you'll find that you'll play better with a better set like Mizuno...as you age, and yr game deteriorate, you'll need a more forgiving set...hehehe...in my case, i dont play as often as i used to and have aged 10years since i started...hehe

cheers
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:48:17 PM by notigolfer »

Offline charmingLady_rin

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »
TAYLORMADE is still the no 1

Offline Budakboy

• Golf Golf Golf and .....
  • Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • www.MalaysianGolfer.org
  • Club: KGSS
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »
NIkent nikent nikent hehe...its depend also buddy...but its good for you to make that survey...RM 1k its not small amount man hehe

Offline stone

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
If u really like Mizuno..jus go for it bro...I bought mine also from my fren suggestion..regret, not much lah..if u wanna try all the clubs...i dunno when will u buy one... ;D...me like kallahaalldway....n buatan taylor...