Author Topic: LIV SIGNS TYRRELL HATTON  (Read 384 times)

Offline KAKIGOLF

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
    • kakiGOLF.com
  • Handicap: 3
LIV SIGNS TYRRELL HATTON
« on: January 30, 2024, 01:34:09 AM »

CREDIT: Getty Images/David Cannon

Tyyrell Hatton joining team Rahm after jumping to LIV

English Ryder Cup star, Tyrrell Hatton, has signed with LIV Golf in a deal reported to be worth up to $60 million. Hatton will be joining Jon Rahm’s Legion VIII team, and will make his debut in Mexico this weekend.

He will skip the AT&T Championship at Pebble Beach - a PGA event Hatton had planned to play in.

This will be a major setback for Luke Donald and Team Europe, who are gearing up for the Ryder Cup in New York next year.

Hatton joins Adrian Meronk, who also left Team Europe last week, following Jon Rahm’s move to LIV, which Viktor Hovland called ‘understandable’.

On Discovery’s FORE! podcast, Hovland said: “I totally understand why [Rahm] left. That’s a lot, a lot of money.

“And at least when the management of the PGA Tour has done such a bad job.

"Just to be clear: I’m not complaining about the position I’m in, and I’m very grateful for everything.

"But the management has not done a good job. They almost see the players as labour, and not as part of the members.

"After all, we are the PGA Tour. Without the players, there is nothing.”

Hatton will likely retain his DP World Tour card, but his chances of playing in the Ryder Cup are slim due to the sanctions on those who join the breakaway circuit.

Donald might hope for a rule change that allows LIV Golf’s players to participate in the Ryder Cup or face losing their title in New York in 2025.

Hatton is the 16th ranked golfer in the world.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 02:06:33 AM by KAKIGOLF »