Author Topic: EMERALDA, ROYALE JAKARTA & PERMATA SENTUL  (Read 6798 times)

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
  • ITS NOT HOW YOU DRIVE, ITS HOW YOU ARRIVE!!!
    • KakiGolf
  • Club: Kelab KakiGolf
  • Handicap: 17
EMERALDA, ROYALE JAKARTA & PERMATA SENTUL
« on: December 01, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »
Is it just me or am I typically like the rest of the other Malaysian golfers who find the Indonesian golf courses simply irressistable?

I’ve been to Jakarta like 7 times over the last 12 months. For a green horn golfer like me who just started golfing only a year back ( and by default actually!) - 7 times in a year  is simply mind boggling! That’s like what? Averaging a month and a half in between each visit.

My most recent golfing trip there was less than 2 weeks ago, and before that ... it was in late August, just before Ramadhan.  And now I have these thoughts playing in my head planning for another  trip sometime either later this month or early January next year. Wow! Crazy huh?

Anyway! On my flight back to “Boleh Land” from Jakarta, I meet these 2  “tabligh” guys - all dressed up in kopias, kurtas & sandals. Obviously they weren’t in Jakarta for golfing! But  interestingly enough, these guys flies down to Jakarta almost every week.  Try to beat that!

So OK! That proves a point ... guilty pleasures aside, Indonesia appeals to almost every Malaysian! Hehehe!!! I'm feeling less guilty now!  ;)

We first played at Emeralda, followed with Royale Jakarta, and Permata Sentul. I would have played at Rainbow Hills on my last day if it wasn’t for my shoulder pain – Bummer!  >:(

All 3 courses that we played at were simply enjoyable.  The approach entrance leading to each golf course were impressively designed, the  view of the courses from every clubhouse was breath talking to say the least, and above all, the service ... yes the service - very hospitable, very polite and very courteous. We Malaysians can learn a lot from them, now that we're getting more and more kiasu!

And have I mentioned that they all speak a single language – Really Kool!!!! Satu Bahasa, Satu Bangsa .... I guess Uncle Kitt a.k.a Lim Kit Siang can forget about his "Malaysian Malaysia" battle cry ... some Malaysian can't even speak Bahasa Malaysia! But anyway! Lets get back to more important stuff  ... Golf!!

Emeralda

It was my first time playing at Emeralda, the “2006 Indonesian Open” tournament course ... AND of all things gone bad, I had to fumble on my first Tee Off! ... OBed my 1st T-shot and Daffed my 2nd   :D ....  AND watching me from behind was this really long que of other golfers .... Hehehe!! ... Doesn’t really matters coz my driving actually sucks big time anyway!!!

Emeralda has three 9s, the the “Lake Course”, “Plantation Course” and the “River Course”.  We choose to play at the Lake and Plantation courses.

Surprisingly, Emeralda have short par 4s - but don’t be fooled ... if they’ve shortened  it then I reckon there must be something else being incorporated to compensate for  that. I’m guessing here, short but elevated fairways, undulating and slightly narrow fairways, strategically located bunkers, and super fast greens. Oh yes! the greens were extremely fast but somehow or rather over there,  I seem to putt pretty well on fast greens. Don’t ask me why coz I’m equally clueless.  I never putt well here. Maybe I was trying to impress the caddies? Hehehe!!!

The 1st par-4 at the Lake Course was only 272m but elevated. The rest of the par-4s there were between 305m to 360m long. The Plantation course was quite similar, being only slightly longer and only had 1 par 3 and a single par 5. But unfortunately for us, into the 3rd hole at the back 9, it started to rain - and it rained like cats & dogs – as much as we wanted to play on .. Opps!! Sorry! Let me rephrase that ... as much as I wanted to play on ... they sounded the siren and then came along the marshall!! ... Double Sigh!!!!!!

View of the fairway from the Tee Box -1st Hole Lake Course

So it was back to the clubhouse for us ... But thank God for their warm hospitality and friendly faces - It made me forget about the rain and my disappointment of not being able to complete all the 2 nines ...  :) BUT guess what? Right after we showered and sat at the clubhouse ... the rain had already stopped and the weather was prefect for golfing .... Man!!!

Looking back at the fairway from the green at 1st Hole, Lake Course. The Clubhouse is in the background

Oh yeah!!! Emeralda has this really cool looking leather-made score card holder. I asked if they sell them as gifts. Nope! They don’t sell them BUT if you lose them, they’ll charge you Rp75,000 for it.  I lost mine... Hehehe!!!!

OK!!! That’s probably it for now ... will write about Royale Jakarta & Permata Sentul  next .. when & if I can find the time  8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:16:15 PM by mrfeelgood »

Offline amir

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Kelabu Malami
  • Handicap: 10
Re: EMERALDA, ROYALE JAKARTA & PERMATA SENTUL
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »
menarik tul gambar  ... siapa yg kat sebelah tu?  ;D
"Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad". A.A. Milne

Offline moya

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
...welcome home bro...
7 times for the last 12 months...
so when is the house warming...
what r the probabalities of... hmmmm nvm...
greener than hulk...duffier than duff...
silkier than silk ouchh...
nxt rendevous...is when....
so when is when...

[server maintenance - attachment deleted by admin]

Offline idzil

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • I"M YOUR TRIPLE BOOGIE MAN!!!
  • Handicap: 12
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:35:14 AM »
ewah! ewah! ewah! ..... nampak happy sgt2 dlm gambar tu  ;)

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
    • KakiGolf
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
.... so when is when ...

Dunnu lah bro ... u tell me lah!  ... when is when?  ;D

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
    • KakiGolf
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:00:46 AM »
ewah! ewah! ewah! ..... nampak happy sgt2 dlm gambar tu  ;)

memang hapi teramat sgt  ;)

Offline Aezam

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: None
  • Handicap: 18
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 04:27:01 PM »
Nice write up, can't wait for the next episode ...  :) :) :)
"Nobody ever looked up and saw a good shot."

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
    • KakiGolf
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:35 PM »
menarik tul gambar  ... siapa yg kat sebelah tu?  ;D

sorry lah bang! gambo terpaksa delete lah .. atas kerisauan keselamatan hal ehwal dalam negeri  ;)

Offline jebatswing

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Sana Sini!!!
  • Handicap: 10
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »
wow! good review ... haven't been to jakarta for golfing before, but will definitely put it in my itinerary as a "must visit" golfing destination.
Golf Should Be Played.......No Watched

Offline azmana24

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Handicap: 24
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »
They say golfing in Jakarta is ....... Nice!!! .... makes you wanna go there again, and again, and again, and again ....... ;) ;) ;)
In Golf We Trust!

Offline barryt

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • HOL-Y-1
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 11:55:14 PM »
It is so nice of you to share your experience at those courses..., can't wait to read on others  :P

Bravo mate!
 ;D
barryt
Hol-y-1

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
    • KakiGolf
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »
It is so nice of you to share your experience at those courses..., can't wait to read on others  :P

Bravo mate!
 ;D

sharing is caring?  ...  ;D 

actually, dunno if i have enuf credentials or if i'm that good enuf a golfer to write reviews on golf courses ... being someone who has only been golfing for slightly more than a year ... but i try to write them from my own perspective, i.e from someone who's very new to this great game of golf ... being new i hope i can relate to other green-horn golfers as well when it comes to finding enjoyable courses .... tough courses might be challenging sometimes but not necessarily all of the time, especially for week-end golfers like most of us, unless of course you're a golf pro.

anyway! sincerely appreciate the comments posted here .... giving me the encouragement to continue with the write-ups ... who knows some golf magazine might take notice ... hahahaha!!!

tq again!  ;)

Offline brabusgolf

• Cookie Points +1/-0
  • Handicap: 12
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
I do frequently fly down to Jakarta but never for golf trips. Never knew about the golf courses there in Jakarta. Anyway! Now that I'm planning to come back to golfing again, I will probably try out one of Jakarta's courses, hopefully sometime soon. So which course would you recommend, especially for someone like me who has not hit any golf balls for the last 6 years?  :D   
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:08:37 PM by brabusgolf »