Author Topic: GOLFING IN CENTRAL JAVA  (Read 3090 times)

Offline akhir sharif

• * Verified Member
    ** PGA Member (PlayGolfAnytime Kaki)
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: KRTU
  • Handicap: 24
GOLFING IN CENTRAL JAVA
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:12:10 PM »
Just back from golfing in Central Java namely Merapi Golf Club in Yogyakarta, Borobodur International Golf and Country Club (BIGCC) in Magelang and Gombel Golf Club in Semarang. The verdict was not a very HEPI HEPI outing as one it was meant to be.

Upset No.1 - Left LCCT for Solo by Air Asia on early morning 24/6/2009. As usual, there were some 15 other excited golfers heading for seberang but most likely they were headed for Jakarta-Bogor golfing haven since I never saw them again after pushing my golf bag at Counter 68 Air Asia. On arrival in Solo, this Air Asia girl with all smile came to me....waduh pak maaf, bag golof bapak tidak ada dalam pesawat udah tertinggal di KL. Besok saja ya pak. Besok 25/6 saya ditelpon, maaf pak lagi, Air Asia lali (lupa) bawak bag golof bapak. I told Air Asia, yah udah tinggal aja bag golof nya diKL. I believed by the time I got my bag, I would have been back in KL. I have to rent the sets and shoes and bought glove, balls, socks etc. The damage was IDR 1 million plus RM40 that I paid for the bag at check-in. Not to mention the heartache for using unfamiliar clubs and its not Callaway, Nike or setaraf dengannya!!!

Upset No. 2 - The Indonesian golfers that I 'met' at Golfzone Indonesia (macam Kakigolf.com jugaklah) kabur. So, I just have to join those available at tee-off time, else I would have been a lone golfer. Most of them were Korean/Japanese so sorang cakap ayam, sorang cakap itik. Tapi main golf mana perlu bercakap.

Upset No. 3 - Solo was not a convenient port to play at these courses. But I got no choice since my roots are in Solo. It took time to reach these courses. It would have taken 1 or 2 hours if it had been in Jakarta via expressway but Central Java traffic was 'Puduraya' like and took 2 to 3 hours. Yogyakarta and Semarang would be a better port and each of the city has 3 good golf course.

Day One was spent in Merapi. The course layout is just like our Awana Genting (Awana lagi susah). Like many mountain courses, water hazard was minimal. But the view was awesome and the weather cool ( I played at 1.00 pm). It was at the foot of Merapi volcano. But pass 10.00 am, Merapi was sleeping shrouded by white cloud. So, to really enjoy the view, comne and play at 7.00 am.  The clubhouse, hospitality was nothing to shout about. The pro shop is also a dissapointment.

Day Two was spent at BIGCC. It is an open course, lined with palm trees, sprinkled with bunkers, water hazards, dog legs left and right. Challenging, exciting and beautiful. The hospitality from the one who received you as you step out of your van, the receiptionist, the golfers' terrace even the girl who sell you the second hand balls are charming. It remind you of any Jakarta courses as BIGCC is managed by those at Jababeka GC. It was formerly an army course and it continues that tradition with all top brass playing hence the high standard of the course as well as all the staff.

Day Three was at Gombel golf. Carved out from a hill, open and hot. Its comparable to the former Enville Golf Club near Bukit Unggul. As you go out first 9, you have to consistently hit left as the course is sloping to the right and as you go in second 9, you got to hit right as the course slope to the left. That is only the fairway. Each green has its own problem and green management is critical. Else your ball will be going back and forth Seremban - KL by passing the hole. Since it was Friday, all action stopped for Jumaat prayer and part of the buggy area was converted as praying area for the golfers and staff.

To those who got aspiration from their caddies, all 3 have caddies yang genit2. BIGCC is top on the list matching that of Jakarta courses, next is Gombel and then Merapi. Gombel also serve caddies without bra. You have to be informed with stories on Manaohara to have a chatty conversation with the caddies. Took photo of my caddies but due to non computer savvy, do not know how to download.

OK, it just to share my experience and hope give kakigolfers some insight into golfing in Central Java. All the 3 are good courses but for everything my vote goes to BIGCC.

Pak akhir

Offline che

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: PDGCC
  • Handicap: 23
Re: GOLFING IN CENTRAL JAVA
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »
Waduuh Pak Akhir.... gawat tuuu kalau golf bag nggak ada.... huhuhu
Ada beli travel assuransi sama AirAsia nggak? Kalau ada, bisa claim tu Pak.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:24:13 PM by che »

Offline ZoeZ

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »
Waduh2 Pak, ngga bisa saya bayangkan api kemarahan kerna Upset No. 1.  Goblok banget Airasia sih !!!! Kalo udah emang Malingsia, kerjanya menipuin aja, terus bagasi golof loe mau dicurinya, kasian wong cilik  seperti kamu sihhh..... kekekekeke  ;D

May I suggest that  u write a formal complaint letter to the AA management, perhaps even  use this opportunity to change the tickets (for F.O.C. perhaps) for your upcoming JKT trip to coincide with the JKT dates proposed by MFG + Moya (and of coz, their Indo fren from Bekasi, Raden Bobo, whom I do not know personally). So that, perhaps you could then redeem your Upsets 1-3 and return into the HEPI feelings. 

Apa apa pun ya, yang penting --------> Hepi  ;D <------------------

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
  • ITS NOT HOW YOU DRIVE, ITS HOW YOU ARRIVE!!!
    • KakiGolf
  • Club: Kelab KakiGolf
  • Handicap: 17
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:26:46 PM »

Upset No.1 - Left LCCT for Solo by Air Asia on early morning 24/6/2009. As usual, there were some 15 other excited golfers heading for seberang but most likely they were headed for Jakarta-Bogor golfing haven since I never saw them again after pushing my golf bag at Counter 68 Air Asia. On arrival in Solo, this Air Asia girl with all smile came to me....waduh pak maaf, bag golof bapak tidak ada dalam pesawat udah tertinggal di KL. Besok saja ya pak. Besok 25/6 saya ditelpon, maaf pak lagi, Air Asia lali (lupa) bawak bag golof bapak. I told Air Asia, yah udah tinggal aja bag golof nya diKL. I believed by the time I got my bag, I would have been back in KL. I have to rent the sets and shoes and bought glove, balls, socks etc. The damage was IDR 1 million plus RM40 that I paid for the bag at check-in. Not to mention the heartache for using unfamiliar clubs and its not Callaway, Nike or setaraf dengannya!!!

Pak Akhir,

Sorry to hear about your "not so feelgood" experience, but talking about "left-behind" golf bags, I have this friend who only realised that his golf-bag was still at his hotel room when we were already at the airport in Jogja, leaving for KL...  ;D .... Ini pulak kes terlalu "HEPI" sampai terlupa golf bag ....  :D

Offline geraldsaw

• Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »

Pak Akhir,

Sorry to hear about your "not so feelgood" experience, but talking about "left-behind" golf bags, I have this friend who only realised that his golf-bag was still at his hotel room when we were already at the airport in Jogja, leaving for KL...  ;D .... Ini pulak kes terlalu "HEPI" sampai terlupa golf bag ....  :D

that the problem with airasia. this business model is like express bus. service like bus company. last year i flew fr bangkok to chiang mai, arrive at 12.30 but airasia left my golf bag and luggage behind. i complain and bang table. luckily airasia has 6 daily flights to chiang mai. got my stuff at 4.30 but too late to play as my gang already had to tee off by 2.30 pm. i summore bought airasia insurance but no use because its less than 24 hrs.

Offline akhir sharif

• * Verified Member
    ** PGA Member (PlayGolfAnytime Kaki)
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: KRTU
  • Handicap: 24
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:15:35 PM »
Gerardsaw,

Thats why I heard some of kakiGolfers have a golf set stored in Jakarta. The mystery is where they store the set? Moya, MFG, Zoez, Ahman may want to volunteer to answer that mystery...ha!ha!

Pak Akhir